To play or game for money or other stake.
- To bet on an uncertain outcome, as of a contest.
- To play a game of chance for stakes.
- To take a risk in the hope of gaining an advantage or a benefit.
- To engage in reckless or hazardous behavior: You are gambling with your health by continuing to smoke.
- To put up as a stake in gambling; wager.
- To expose to hazard; risk: gambled their lives in a dangerous rescue mission.
- A bet, wager, or other gambling venture.
- An act or undertaking of uncertain outcome; a risk: I took a gamble that stock prices would rise.