A passage or way into or out of any inclosed place; esp., a temporary way of access formed of planks.
- Nautical A passage along either side of a ship's upper deck.
- Nautical See gangplank.
- Nautical An opening in the bulwark of a ship through which passengers may board.
- A narrow passageway, as of boards laid on the ground.
- The main level of a mine.
- Chiefly British The aisle that divides the front and rear seating sections of the House of Commons.
- Chiefly British An aisle between seating sections, as in a theater.
- Used to clear a passage through a crowded area.