An opening in anything made by breaking or parting; as, a gap in a fence; an opening for a passage or entrance; an opening which implies a breach or defect; a vacant space or time; a hiatus; a mountain pass.
- An opening in a solid structure or surface; a cleft or breach: wriggled through a gap in the fence; a large gap in the wall where the artillery shell had exploded.
- A break in a line of defense.
- An opening through mountains; a pass.
- A space between objects or points; an aperture: a gap between his front teeth.
- An interruption of continuity: a nine-minute gap in the recorded conversation; needed to fill in the gaps in her knowledge.
- A conspicuous difference or imbalance; a disparity: a gap between revenue and spending; the widening gap between rich and poor.
- A problematic situation resulting from such a disparity: the budget gap; the technology gap.
- A spark gap.
- Computer Science An absence of information on a recording medium, often used to signal the end of a segment of information.
- Electronics The distance between the head of a recording device and the surface of the recording medium.
- To make an opening in.
- To be or become open.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ന്യൂനത - Nyoonatha ;ചുരം - Churam ;കുറവ് - Kuravu ;ഒഴിഞ്ഞസ്ഥലം - Ozhinjasthalam ;വിടവ് - Vidavu ;കാന്തിക ടേപ്പിലോ കോംപാക്ട് ഡിസ്കിലോ ഡാറ്റയുടെ വാക്കുകള്ക്കിടയിലുള്ള സ്ഥാനം - Kaanthika Deppilo Kompaakdu Diskilo Daattayude Vaakkukalkkidayilulla Sthaanam | Kanthika Deppilo Kompakdu Diskilo Dattayude Vakkukalkkidayilulla Sthanam ;