To decorate with ornamental appendages; to set off; to adorn; to embellish.
- To enhance in appearance by adding decorative touches; embellish: a coat that was garnished with a fur collar.
- To decorate (prepared food or drink) with small colorful or savory items: garnished the potatoes with parsley.
- Law To garnishee.
- Ornamentation; embellishment.
- An embellishment added to a prepared food or drink for decoration or added flavor.
- Slang An unwarranted fee, such as one extorted from a new prisoner by a jailer.