A large door or passageway in the wall of a city, of an inclosed field or place, or of a grand edifice, etc.; also, the movable structure of timber, metal, etc., by which the passage can be closed.
- A structure that can be swung, drawn, or lowered to block an entrance or a passageway.
- An opening in a wall or fence for entrance or exit.
- The structure surrounding such an opening, such as the monumental or fortified entrance to a palace or walled city.
- A means of access: the gate to riches.
- A passageway, as in an airport terminal, through which passengers proceed when boarding or leaving an airplane.
- A mountain pass.
- The total paid attendance or admission receipts at a public event: a good gate at the football game.
- A device for controlling the passage of water or gas through a dam or conduit.
- The channel through which molten metal flows into a shaped cavity of a mold.
- Sports A passage between two upright poles through which a skier must go in a slalom race.
- A logic gate.
- Chiefly British To confine (a student) to the grounds of a college as punishment.
- Electronics To select part of (a wave) for transmission, reception, or processing by magnitude or time interval.
- To furnish with a gate: "The entrance to the rear lawn was also gated” ( Dean Koontz).
- get the gate Slang To be dismissed or rejected.
- give (someone) the gate Slang To discharge from a job.
- give (someone) the gate Slang To reject or jilt.
- Chiefly British A particular way of acting or doing; manner.
- Archaic A path or way.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വാതിൽ - Vaathil | Vathil ;കലാശാലാഗെയ്റ്റിനുള്ളില് ഒരു ശിക്ഷയായി കുറെ നേരം തടഞ്ഞുനിര്ത്തുക - Kalaashaalaageyttinullil Oru Shikshayaayi Kure Neram Thadanjunirththuka | Kalashalageyttinullil Oru Shikshayayi Kure Neram Thadanjunirthuka ;പ്രവേശനദ്വാരം - Praveshanadhvaaram | Praveshanadhvaram ;ബഹിര്ദ്വാരം - Bahirdhvaaram | Bahirdhvaram ;പ്രവേശനം - Praveshanam ;പടിവാതില് - Padivaathil | Padivathil ;