Relating to a genus or kind; pertaining to a whole class or order; as, a general law of animal or vegetable economy.
- Concerned with, applicable to, or affecting the whole or every member of a class or category: "subduing all her impressions as a woman, to something more general” ( Virginia Woolf).
- Affecting or characteristic of the majority of those involved; prevalent: general discontent.
- Of or affecting the entire body: general paralysis.
- Being usually the case; true or applicable in most instances but not all: the general correctness of her decisions.
- Not limited in scope, area, or application: as a general rule.
- Not limited to or dealing with one class of things; diversified: general studies.
- Involving only the main features rather than precise details: a general grasp of the subject.
- Highest or superior in rank: the general manager.
- A commissioned rank in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above lieutenant general.
- One who holds this rank or a similar rank in another military organization.
- A general officer.
- A statement, principle, or fact that embraces or is applicable to the whole.
- General anesthesia.
- Archaic The public.
- in general Generally.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൊതു - Pothu ;മദ്ധ്യമക - Maddhyamaka | Madhyamaka ;സാര്വ്വജനീന - Saarvvajaneena | Sarvvajaneena ;സാര്വ്വത്രികമായ - Saarvvathrikamaaya | Sarvvathrikamaya ;പൊതുവായ - Pothuvaaya | Pothuvaya ;സര്വ്വവ്യാപിയായ - Sarvvavyaapiyaaya | Sarvvavyapiyaya ;