To bring under a genus or under genera; to view in relation to a genus or to genera.
- To reduce to a general form, class, or law.
- To render indefinite or unspecific.
- To infer from many particulars.
- To draw inferences or a general conclusion from.
- To make generally or universally applicable.
- To popularize.
- To form a concept inductively.
- To form general notions or conclusions.
- To deal in generalities; speak or write vaguely.
- Medicine To spread through the body. Used of a usually localized disease.