- A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.
- An innovative or unusual mechanical contrivance; a gadget.
- An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project: an advertising gimmick.
- A significant feature that is obscured, misrepresented, or not readily evident; a catch.
- A small object whose name does not come readily to mind.
- To add gimmicks to; clutter with gadgets or attention-getting details. Often used with up.
- To change or affect by means of a gimmick.