- Simple past tense and past participle of gimp.
- Wrapped or wound tightly with a second length of yarn or wire in a tight spiral, often by means of a gimping machine, leaving the core yarn straight and protected (gimped yarn). Also, generally, wrapped or twisted with string or wire (gimped buttons).
- Adorned with gimp (decorative trim); edged or embroidered.
- Jagged, as a jagged or uneven edge or outline; notched, edged with serrations or grooves; nicked, dented.
- Crippled, injured; damaged as to awkwardly impede function.