Against; near by; towards; as, gin night.
- A strong colorless alcoholic beverage made by distilling or redistilling rye or other grain spirits and adding juniper berries or aromatics such as anise, caraway seeds, or angelica root as flavoring.
- Any of several machines or devices, especially:
- A machine for hoisting or moving heavy objects.
- A pile driver.
- A snare or trap for game.
- A pump operated by a windmill.
- A cotton gin.
- To remove the seeds from (cotton) with a cotton gin.
- To trap in a gin.
- Gin rummy.