Pleased; joyous; happy; cheerful; gratified; -- opposed to sorry, sorrowful, or unhappy; -- said of persons, and often followed by of, at, that, or by the infinitive, and sometimes by with, introducing the cause or reason.
- Experiencing or exhibiting joy and pleasure.
- Appreciative: was glad of the fire's warmth.
- Providing joy and pleasure: a glad occasion.
- Very willing; pleased: glad to help.
- Bright and cheerful: a glad May morning.
- Archaic Having a naturally cheerful disposition.
- Archaic To gladden.
- Botany A gladiolus.