A hard, brittle, translucent, and commonly transparent substance, white or colored, having a conchoidal fracture, and made by fusing together sand or silica with lime, potash, soda, or lead oxide. It is used for window panes and mirrors, for articles of table and culinary use, for lenses, and various articles of ornament.
- Any of a large class of materials with highly variable mechanical and optical properties that solidify from the molten state without crystallization, are typically made by silicates fusing with boric oxide, aluminum oxide, or phosphorus pentoxide, are generally hard, brittle, and transparent or translucent, and are considered to be supercooled liquids rather than true solids.
- Something usually made of glass, especially:
- A drinking vessel.
- A mirror.
- A barometer.
- A window or windowpane.
- A pair of lenses mounted in a light frame, used to correct faulty vision or protect the eyes.
- A binocular or field glass. Often used in the plural.
- A device, such as a monocle or spyglass, containing a lens or lenses and used as an aid to vision.
- The quantity contained by a drinking vessel; a glassful.
- Objects made of glass; glassware.
- Made or consisting of glass.
- Fitted with panes of glass; glazed.
- To enclose or encase with glass.
- To put into a glass container.
- To provide with glass or glass parts.
- To make glassy; glaze.
- To see reflected, as in a mirror.
- To reflect.
- To scan (a tract of land or forest, for example) with an optical instrument.
- To become glassy.
- To use an optical instrument, as in looking for game.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പളുങ്കു പാനപാത്രം - Palunku Paanapaathram | Palunku Panapathram ;സ്ഫടികം - Sphadikam ;അത്തം - Aththam | Atham ;അമലമണി - Amalamani ;കണ്ണാടി - Kannaadi | Kannadi ;ഗ്ലാസ്സ് - Glaassu | Glassu ;