The glede or kite.
- To move in a smooth, effortless manner: a submarine gliding through the water. See Synonyms at slide.
- To move silently and furtively.
- To occur or pass imperceptibly.
- To fly without propulsion. Used of an aircraft.
- Music To blend one tone into the next; slur.
- Linguistics To articulate a glide in speech.
- To cause to move or pass smoothly, silently, or imperceptibly.
- The act of gliding.
- Music A slur.
- Linguistics The transitional sound produced by passing from the articulatory position of one speech sound to that of another.
- Linguistics See semivowel.