The act of graduating, or the state of being graduated; as, graduation of a scale; graduation at a college; graduation in color; graduation by evaporation; the graduation of a bird's tail, etc.
- Conferral or receipt of an academic degree or diploma marking completion of studies.
- A ceremony at which degrees or diplomas are conferred; a commencement.
- A division or interval on a graduated scale.
- A mark indicating the boundary of such an interval.
- An arrangement in or a division into stages or degrees.