- A small, dry, one-seeded fruit of a cereal grass, having the fruit and the seed walls united: a single grain of wheat; gleaned the grains from the ground one at a time. Also called caryopsis.
- The fruits of cereal grasses especially after having been harvested, considered as a group: The grain was stored in a silo.
- A cereal grass: Wheat is a grain grown in Kansas.
- Cereal grasses considered as a group: Grain is grown along the river.
- A relatively small discrete particulate or crystalline mass: a grain of sand.
- A small amount or the smallest amount possible: hasn't a grain of sense.
- Aerospace A mass of solid propellant.
- A unit of weight in the U.S. Customary System, an avoirdupois unit equal to 0.002285 ounce (0.065 gram). See Table at measurement.
- The arrangement, direction, or pattern of the fibrous tissue in wood.
- The side of a hide or piece of leather from which the hair or fur has been removed.
- The pattern or markings on this side of leather.
- The pattern produced, as in stone, by the arrangement of particulate constituents.
- The relative size of the particles composing a substance or pattern: a coarse grain.
- A painted, stamped, or printed design that imitates the pattern found in wood, leather, or stone.
- The direction or texture of fibers in a woven fabric.
- A state of fine crystallization.
- Basic temperament or nature; disposition.
- An essential quality or characteristic.
- Archaic Color; tint.
- To cause to form into grains; granulate.
- To paint, stamp, or print with a design imitating the grain of wood, leather, or stone.
- To give a granular or rough texture to.
- To remove the hair or fur from (hides) in preparation for tanning.
- To form grains.
- against the grain Contrary to custom, one's inclination, or good sense.
- with a grain of salt With reservations; skeptically: Take that advice with a grain of salt.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ജീവസാധനം - Jeevasaadhanam | Jeevasadhanam ;വിത്ത് - Viththu | Vithu ;വര്ണ്ണം പൂശുക - Varnnam Pooshuka ;കുരു - Kuru ;ശസ്യം - Shasyam ;വിത്ത് - Viththu | Vithu ;