To seize; to lay fast hold of; to attack at close quarters: as, to grapple an antagonist.
- An iron shaft with claws at one end, usually thrown by a rope and used for grasping and holding, especially one for drawing and holding an enemy ship alongside. Also called grapnel, grappling, grappling hook, grappling iron.
- Nautical See grapnel.
- The act of grappling.
- A struggle or contest in which the participants attempt to clutch or grip each other.
- A struggle for superiority or dominance.
- To seize and hold, as with a grapple.
- To seize firmly, as with the hands.
- To hold onto something with or as if with a grapple.
- To use a grapple or similar device, as for dragging.
- To struggle, in or as if in wrestling: grappled with their consciences; grapple with the political realities of our time.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ബാഹുയുദ്ധം - Baahuyuddham | Bahuyudham ;മുഷ്ടിയുദ്ധം - Mushdiyuddham | Mushdiyudham ;സംശ്ലേഷിക്കുക - Samshleshikkuka ;അള്ളിപ്പിടുത്തം - Allippiduththam | Allippidutham ;ഗുസ്തിപിടിക്കുക - Gusthipidikkuka ;കൊളുത്തുക - Koluththuka | Koluthuka ;