Serving to gratify; agreeable.
- To reduce to fragments, shreds, or powder by rubbing against an abrasive surface.
- To cause to make a harsh grinding or rasping sound through friction: grated her teeth in anger.
- To irritate or annoy persistently.
- Archaic To rub or wear away.
- To make a harsh rasping sound by or as if by scraping or grinding.
- To cause irritation or annoyance: a noise that grates on one's nerves.
- A harsh rasping sound made by scraping or rubbing: the grate of a key in a lock.
- A framework of parallel or latticed bars for blocking an opening.
- A framework of metal bars used to hold fuel or food in a stove, furnace, or fireplace.
- A fireplace.
- A perforated iron plate or screen for sieving and grading crushed ore.
- To equip with a grate.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അരം - Aram ;ഇരുമ്പഴിയുള്ള - Irumpazhiyulla ;ശല്യംചെയ്യുക - Shalyamcheyyuka ;കർണ്ണകഠോരമായ ശബ്ദം ഉണ്ടാക്കുക - Karnnakadoramaaya Shabdham Undaakkuka | Karnnakadoramaya Shabdham Undakkuka ;രാവുക - Raavuka | Ravuka ;ചട്ടക്കൂട് - Chattakkoodu ;