To clean, as a vessel's bottom, of barnacles, grass, etc., and pay it over with pitch; -- so called because graves or greaves was formerly used for this purpose.
- An excavation for the interment of a corpse.
- A place of burial.
- Death or extinction: faced the grave with calm resignation.
- Requiring serious thought; momentous: a grave decision in a time of crisis.
- Fraught with danger or harm: a grave wound.
- Dignified and somber in conduct or character: a grave procession. See Synonyms at serious.
- Somber or dark in hue.
- Linguistics Written with or modified by the mark ( ` ), as the è in Sèvres.
- Linguistics Of or referring to a phonetic feature that distinguishes sounds produced at the periphery of the vocal tract, as in labial and velar consonants and back vowels.
- Linguistics A mark ( ` ) indicating a pronounced e for the sake of meter in the usually nonsyllabic ending -ed in English poetry.
- To sculpt or carve; engrave.
- To stamp or impress deeply; fix permanently.
- To clean and coat (the bottom of a wooden ship) with pitch.
- Music In a slow and solemn manner. Used chiefly as a direction.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുഴിമാടം - Kuzhimaadam | Kuzhimadam ;ഗുരുവായമനസ്സില് പതിക്കുക - Guruvaayamanassil Pathikkuka | Guruvayamanassil Pathikkuka ;ഉത്കണ്ഠയ്ക്കു നിദാനമായ - Uthkandaykku Nidhaanamaaya | Uthkandaykku Nidhanamaya ;കല്ലറ - Kallara ;കൊത്തിവയ്ക്കുക - Koththivaykkuka | Kothivaykkuka ;കവര് - Kavar ;