To feed or supply (cattle, sheep, etc.) with grass; to furnish pasture for.
- To feed on growing grasses and herbage.
- Informal To eat a variety of appetizers as a full meal.
- Informal To eat snacks throughout the day in place of full meals.
- To feed on (herbage) in a field or on pastureland.
- To feed on the herbage of (a piece of land).
- To afford herbage for the feeding of: This field will graze 30 head of cattle.
- To put (livestock) out to feed.
- To tend (feeding livestock) in a pasture.
- To touch lightly in passing; brush. See Synonyms at brush1.
- To scrape or scratch slightly; abrade.
- To scrape or touch something lightly in passing.
- The act of brushing or scraping along a surface.
- A minor scratch or abrasion.