Having the color of grass when fresh and growing; resembling that color of the solar spectrum which is between the yellow and the blue; verdant; emerald.
- The hue of that portion of the visible spectrum lying between yellow and blue, evoked in the human observer by radiant energy with wavelengths of approximately 490 to 570 nanometers; any of a group of colors that may vary in lightness and saturation and whose hue is that of the emerald or somewhat less yellow than that of growing grass; one of the additive or light primaries; one of the psychological primary hues.
- Something green in color.
- Green growth or foliage, especially:
- The branches and leaves of plants used for decoration.
- Leafy plants or plant parts eaten as vegetables.
- A grassy lawn or plot, especially:
- A grassy area located usually at the center of a city or town and set aside for common use; a common.
- Sports A putting green.
- A green uniform: "a young . . . sergeant in dress greens” ( Nelson DeMille).
- Slang Money.
- A supporter of a social and political movement that espouses global environmental protection, bioregionalism, social responsibility, and nonviolence.
- Of the color green.
- Abounding in or covered with green growth or foliage: the green woods.
- Made with green or leafy vegetables: a green salad.
- Characterized by mild or temperate weather: a green climate.
- Youthful; vigorous: at the green age of 18.
- Not mature or ripe; young: green tomatoes.
- Brand-new; fresh.
- Not yet fully processed, especially:
- Not aged: green wood.
- Not cured or tanned: green pelts.
- Lacking training or experience. See Synonyms at young.
- Lacking sophistication or worldly experience; naive.
- Easily duped or deceived; gullible.
- Having a sickly or unhealthy pallor indicative of nausea or jealousy, for example.
- Beneficial to the environment: green recycling policies.
- Favoring or supporting environmentalism: green legislators who strengthened pollution controls.
- To make or become green.
- around Pale or sickly in appearance.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഹരിത - Haritha ;ഹരിതം - Haritham ;വാടാത്ത - Vaadaaththa | Vadatha ;പച്ചക്കറി - Pachakkari ;ഹരി - Hari ;വളര്ന്നിട്ടില്ലാത്ത - Valarnnittillaaththa | Valarnnittillatha ;