A grating of thin parallel bars, similar to a gridiron.
- A framework of crisscrossed or parallel bars; a grating or mesh.
- A cooking surface of parallel metal bars; a gridiron.
- Something resembling a framework of crisscrossed parallel bars, as in rigidity or organization: The city's streets form a grid.
- A pattern of regularly spaced horizontal and vertical lines forming squares on a map, a chart, an aerial photograph, or an optical device, used as a reference for locating points.
- Electricity An interconnected system for the distribution of electricity or electromagnetic signals over a wide area, especially a network of high-tension cables and power stations.
- Electricity A corrugated or perforated conducting plate in a storage battery.
- Electricity A network or coil of fine wires located between the plate and the filament in an electron tube.
- Football The gridiron.
- Sports The starting positions of cars on a racecourse.
- Printing A device in a photocomposition machine on which the characters used in composition are etched.