A cause of uneasiness and complaint; a wrong done and suffered; that which gives ground for remonstrance or resistance, as arising from injustice, tyranny, etc.; injury.
- An actual or supposed circumstance regarded as just cause for complaint.
- A complaint or protestation based on such a circumstance. See Synonyms at injustice.
- Indignation or resentment stemming from a feeling of having been wronged.
- Obsolete The act of inflicting hardship or harm.
- Obsolete The cause of hardship or harm.