A small European freshwater fish (Gobio fluviatilis), allied to the carp. It is easily caught and often used for food and for bait. In America the killifishes or minnows are often called gudgeons.
- A small Eurasian freshwater fish (Gobio gobio) related to the carp and used for bait.
- Any of various similar or related fishes.
- Slang One who is easily duped.
- A metal pivot or journal at the end of a shaft or an axle, around which a wheel or other device turns.
- The socket of a hinge into which a pin fits.
- A metal pin that joins two pieces of stone.
- Nautical The socket for the pintle of a rudder.