The criminality and consequent exposure to punishment resulting from willful disobedience of law, or from morally wrong action; the state of one who has broken a moral or political law; crime; criminality; offense against right.
- The fact of being responsible for the commission of an offense. See Synonyms at blame.
- Law Culpability for a crime or lesser breach of regulations that carries a legal penalty.
- Remorseful awareness of having done something wrong.
- Self-reproach for supposed inadequacy or wrongdoing.
- Guilty conduct; sin.
- To make or try to make (someone) feel guilty.