Consisting of a moiety, or half; as, a half bushel; a half hour; a half dollar; a half view.
- One of two equal parts that together constitute a whole.
- One part approximately equal to the remaining part.
- Informal A 50-cent piece.
- Sports One of the two playing periods into which certain games are divided.
- Sports A halfback.
- Chiefly British A school term; a semester.
- Half an hour: a half past one.
- Being one of two equal parts.
- Being approximately a half.
- Partial or incomplete: gave me a half smile.
- To the extent of exactly or nearly 50 percent: The tank is half empty.
- Not completely or sufficiently; partly: only half right.
- by half By a considerable extent.
- by half By an excessive amount: too clever by half.
- by halves In a reluctant manner; unenthusiastically.
- many One-and-a-half times more; 50 percent more.
- in half Into halves.
- not half Not at all: "Fancy housing? Not half likely, ma'am” ( Russell Baker).
- not the half of Only a fraction or a small part of.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പകുതിയായി - Pakuthiyaayi | Pakuthiyayi ;പകുതി - Pakuthi ;അര്ദ്ധമായി - Arddhamaayi | Ardhamayi ;ഏതാനും - Ethaanum | Ethanum ;മിക്കവാറും - Mikkavaarum | Mikkavarum ;പാതി - Paathi | Pathi ;