A building or room of considerable size and stateliness, used for public purposes; as, Westminster Hall, in London.
- A corridor or passageway in a building.
- A large entrance room or vestibule in a building; a lobby.
- A building for public gatherings or entertainments.
- The large room in which such events are held.
- A building used for the meetings, entertainments, or living quarters of a fraternity, sorority, church, or other social or religious organization.
- A building belonging to a school, college, or university that provides classroom, dormitory, or dining facilities.
- A large room in such a building.
- The group of students using such a building: The entire hall stayed up late studying.
- Chiefly British A meal served in such a building.
- The main house on a landed estate.
- The castle or house of a medieval monarch or noble.
- The principal room in such a castle or house, used for dining, entertaining, and sleeping.