A luminous circle, usually prismatically colored, round the sun or moon, and supposed to be caused by the refraction of light through crystals of ice in the atmosphere. Connected with halos there are often white bands, crosses, or arches, resulting from the same atmospheric conditions.
- A circular band of colored light around a light source, as around the sun or moon, caused by the refraction and reflection of light by ice particles suspended in the intervening atmosphere.
- Something resembling this band.
- A luminous ring or disk of light surrounding the heads or bodies of sacred figures, such as saints, in religious paintings; a nimbus.
- The aura of majesty or glory surrounding a person or thing that is regarded with reverence, awe, or sentiment.
- To encircle with or as if with a halo.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തേജോമണ്ഡലം - Thejomandalam ;പ്രഭാമണ്ഡലമുണ്ടാകുക - Prabhaamandalamundaakuka | Prabhamandalamundakuka ;ഒളി - Oli ;ദീപ്തിവലയം - Dheepthivalayam ;പരിവേഷം - Parivesham ;പരിവേഷം - പരിവേഷം ;