One who hangs, or causes to be hanged; a hangman.
- One who hangs something: a house painter who also works as a paperhanger.
- A contrivance to which something hangs or by which something is hung, as:
- A device around which a garment is draped for hanging from a hook or rod.
- A loop or strap by which something is hung.
- A bracket on the spring shackle of a motor vehicle, designed to hold it to the chassis.
- A decorative strip of cloth hung on a garment or wall.
- A short sword that may be hung from a belt.