That which is hashed or chopped up; meat and vegetables, especially such as have been already cooked, chopped into small pieces and mixed.
- A dish of chopped meat, potatoes, and sometimes vegetables, usually browned.
- A jumble; a hodgepodge.
- Informal A mess: made a hash of the project.
- A reworking or restatement of already familiar material.
- To chop into pieces; mince.
- Informal To make a mess of; mangle.
- Informal To discuss carefully; review: hash over future plans; hash out a solution.
- settle (someone's) hash Slang To silence or subdue.
- Slang Hashish.