To frequent; to resort to frequently; to visit pertinaciously or intrusively; to intrude upon.
- To inhabit, visit, or appear to in the form of a ghost or other supernatural being.
- To visit often; frequent: haunted the movie theaters.
- To come to the mind of continually; obsess: a riddle that haunted me all morning.
- To be continually present in; pervade: the melancholy that haunts the composer's music.
- To recur or visit often, especially as a ghost.
- A place much frequented.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. A ghost or other supernatural being.