One who, or that which, heads nails, rivets, etc., esp. a machine for heading.
- One that fits a head on an object.
- One that removes a head from an object, especially a machine that reaps the heads of grain and passes them into a wagon or receptacle.
- A pipe that serves as a central connection for two or more smaller pipes.
- A floor or roof beam placed between two long beams that supports the ends of the tailpieces.
- A brick or stone laid at a right angle to the face of a wall so that only its short end is showing. Also called bonder.
- Informal A headlong dive or fall.
- Sports A pass or shot made in soccer by heading the ball.
- Textual information, such as a title, date, or page number, positioned in the top margin of a page and usually repeated throughout a document.
- A raised tank or hopper that maintains a constant pressure or supply to a system, especially the small tank that supplies water to a central heating system.