An emphasized form of the third person feminine pronoun; -- used as a subject with she; as, she herself will bear the blame; also used alone in the predicate, either in the nominative or objective case; as, it is herself; she blames herself.
- That one identical with her:
- Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or as the object of a preposition: She bought herself a new car. She sculpted a likeness of herself.
- Used for emphasis: She herself was certain of the facts.
- Used in an absolute construction: In office herself, she helped him get a job.
- Her normal or healthy condition or state: She's feeling herself again.