An emphasized form of the third person masculine pronoun; -- used as a subject usually with he; as, he himself will bear the blame; used alone in the predicate, either in the nominative or objective case; as, it is himself who saved himself.
- That one identical with him:
- Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the object of a preposition: He congratulated himself.
- Used for emphasis: He himself found the courage.
- Used in an absolute construction: In the black himself, he could offer financial assistance to his cousin.
- His normal or healthy condition or state: He's feeling himself again. See Usage Note at myself.