Esteem due or paid to worth; high estimation; respect; consideration; reverence; veneration; manifestation of respect or reverence.
- High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem: the honor shown to a Nobel laureate.
- Good name; reputation.
- A source or cause of credit: was an honor to the profession.
- Glory or recognition; distinction.
- A mark, token, or gesture of respect or distinction: the place of honor at the table.
- A military decoration.
- A title conferred for achievement.
- High rank.
- The dignity accorded to position: awed by the honor of his office.
- Great privilege: I have the honor to present the governor.
- Used with His, Her, or Your as a title and form of address for certain officials, such as judges and mayors: Her Honor the Mayor.
- Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.
- A code of integrity, dignity, and pride, chiefly among men, that was maintained in some societies, as in feudal Europe, by force of arms.
- A woman's chastity or reputation for chastity.
- Social courtesies offered to guests: did the honors at tea.
- Special recognition for unusual academic achievement: graduated from college with honors.
- A program of advanced study for exceptional students: planned to take honors in history.
- Sports The right of being first at the tee in golf.
- Games Any of the four or five highest cards, especially the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten of the trump suit, in card games such as bridge or whist.
- Games The points allotted to these cards. Often used in the plural.
- To hold in respect; esteem.
- To show respect for.
- To bow to (another dancer) in square dancing: Honor your partner.
- To confer distinction on: He has honored us with his presence.
- To accept or pay as valid: honor a check; a store that honors all credit cards.
- honor bound Under an obligation enforced by the personal integrity of the one obliged: I was honor bound to admit that she had done the work.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൂജ്യത - Poojyatha ;യശസ്സ് - Yashassu ;പൂജിക്കുക - Poojikkuka ;ന്യായാധിപന്മാരെക്കുറിച്ചുള്ള ബഹുമാനപദം - Nyaayaadhipanmaarekkurichulla Bahumaanapadham | Nyayadhipanmarekkurichulla Bahumanapadham ;ആദരവ് - Aadharavu | adharavu ;ആദരിക്കുക - Aadharikkuka | adharikkuka ;