A pliant strip of wood or metal bent in a circular form, and united at the ends, for holding together the staves of casks, tubs, etc.
- A circular band of metal or wood put around a cask or barrel to bind the staves together.
- A large wooden, plastic, or metal ring, especially one used as a plaything or for trained animals to jump through.
- One of the lightweight circular supports for a hoop skirt.
- A circular, ringlike earring.
- One of a pair of circular wooden or metal frames used to hold material taut for embroidery or similar needlework.
- Basketball The basket.
- Basketball A field goal: hit a big hoop.
- Basketball The game of basketball.
- Sports A croquet wicket.
- To hold together or support with or as if with a hoop.
- To encircle.
- jump To undergo a rigorous trial or examination.