A hard, projecting, and usually pointed organ, growing upon the heads of certain animals, esp. of the ruminants, as cattle, goats, and the like. The hollow horns of the Ox family consist externally of true horn, and are never shed.
- One of the hard, usually permanent structures projecting from the head of certain mammals, such as cattle, sheep, goats, or antelopes, consisting of a bony core covered with a sheath of keratinous material.
- A hard protuberance, such as an antler or projection on the head of a giraffe or rhinoceros, that is similar to or suggestive of a horn.
- The hard smooth keratinous material forming the outer covering of the horns of cattle or related animals.
- A natural or synthetic substance resembling this material.
- A container, such as a powder horn, made from a horn.
- Something having the shape of a horn, especially:
- A horn of plenty; a cornucopia.
- Either of the ends of a new moon.
- The point of an anvil.
- The pommel of a saddle.
- An ear trumpet.
- A device for projecting sound waves, as in a loudspeaker.
- A hollow, metallic electromagnetic transmission antenna with a circular or rectangular cross section.
- Music A wind instrument made of an animal horn.
- Music A brass wind instrument, such as a trombone or tuba.
- Music A French horn.
- Music A wind instrument, such as a trumpet or saxophone, used in a jazz band.
- A usually electrical signaling device that produces a loud resonant sound: an automobile horn.
- Any of various noisemakers operated by blowing or by squeezing a hollow rubber ball.
- Slang A telephone.
- To join without being invited; intrude. Used with in.
- blow Informal To brag or boast about oneself.
- draw Informal To restrain oneself; draw back.
- draw Informal To retreat from a previously taken position, view, or stance.
- draw Informal To economize.
- on the horns of a dilemma Faced with two equally undesirable alternatives.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കാറിന്റെ ഹോണ് - Kaarinre Hon | Karinre Hon ;കൊമ്പ് - Kompu ;കൊമ്പുവാദ്യം - Kompuvaadhyam | Kompuvadhyam ;മൃഗത്തിൻറെ കൊമ്പ് - Mrugaththinre Kompu | Mrugathinre Kompu ;കൊന്പുവാദ്യം - Konpuvaadhyam | Konpuvadhyam ;കാറിൻറെ ഹോൺ - Kaarinre Hon | Karinre Hon ;