The consecrated wafer, believed to be the body of Christ, which in the Mass is offered as a sacrifice; also, the bread before consecration.
- One who receives or entertains guests in a social or official capacity.
- A person who manages an inn or hotel.
- One that furnishes facilities and resources for a function or event: the city chosen as host for the Olympic Games.
- The emcee or interviewer on a radio or television program.
- Biology The animal or plant on which or in which another organism lives.
- Medicine The recipient of a transplanted tissue or organ.
- Computer Science A computer containing data or programs that another computer can access by means of a network or modem.
- Usage Problem To serve as host to or at: "the garden party he had hosted last spring” ( Saturday Review).
- An army.
- A great number; a multitude. See Synonyms at multitude.
- Ecclesiastical The consecrated bread or wafer of the Eucharist.