In whetever manner, way, or degree.
- In whatever manner or way: However he did it, it was very clever.
- To whatever degree or extent: "have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the concerns” ( Christopher Lasch).
- In what way. Used as an intensive of how: However did you get here so soon?
- In spite of that; nevertheless; yet: The book is expensive; however, it's worth it.
- On the other hand; by contrast: The first part was easy; the second, however, took hours.
- In whatever manner or way: Dress however you like.
- Archaic Notwithstanding that; although.