The outer covering of anything, particularly of a nut or of grain; the outer skin of a kernel; the husk.
- The dry outer covering of a fruit, seed, or nut; a husk.
- The enlarged calyx of a fruit, such as a strawberry, that is usually green and easily detached.
- Nautical The frame or body of a ship, exclusive of masts, engines, or superstructure.
- The main body of various other large vehicles, such as a tank, airship, or flying boat.
- The outer casing of a rocket, guided missile, or spaceship.
- To remove the hulls of (fruit or seeds).