A movable frame of wattled twigs, osiers, or withes and stakes, or sometimes of iron, used for inclosing land, for folding sheep and cattle, for gates, etc.; also, in fortification, used as revetments, and for other purposes.
- Sports A light portable barrier over which competitors must leap in certain races.
- Sports A race in which a series of such barriers must be jumped without the competitors' breaking their stride.
- Sports A leaping step made off one foot as means of maximizing spring at the end of an approach, as to a dive.
- An obstacle or difficulty to be overcome: the last hurdle before graduation.
- Chiefly British A portable framework made of intertwined branches or wattle and used for temporary fencing.
- Chiefly British A frame or sledge on which condemned persons were dragged to execution.
- To leap over (a barrier) in or as if in a race.
- To overcome or deal with successfully; surmount: hurdle a problem.
- To leap over a barrier or other obstacle.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വേലി - Veli ;തട്ടിച്ചാടിക്കടന്നുള്ള ഓട്ടപ്പന്തയത്തില് പങ്കെടുക്കുക - Thattichaadikkadannulla Ottappanthayaththil Pankedukkuka | Thattichadikkadannulla Ottappanthayathil Pankedukkuka ;വേലികെട്ടുക - Velikettuka ;വളച്ചുകെട്ടുക - Valachukettuka ;തടസ്സ ഓട്ടം - Thadassa Ottam ;പ്രതിബന്ധം - Prathibandham ;