To hasten; to impel to greater speed; to urge on.
- To move or act with speed or haste.
- To cause to move or act with speed or haste: hurried the children to school.
- To cause to move or act with undue haste; rush: was hurried into marriage.
- To speed the progress or completion of; expedite. See Synonyms at speed.
- The act or an instance of hurrying; hastened progress.
- Activity or motion that is often unduly hurried; haste. See Synonyms at haste.
- The need or wish to hurry; a condition of urgency: in no hurry to leave.