A plane, or any of a number of planes, projecting from the hull of a submarine boat, which by being elevated or depressed cause the boat, when going ahead, to sink or rise, after the manner of an aëroplane.
- See seaplane.
- A motorboat designed so that the prow and much of the hull lift out of the water and skim the surface at high speeds.
- See hydrofoil.
- A horizontal rudder on a submarine.
- To drive or ride in a hydroplane.
- To skim along on the surface of the water.
- To be or go out of control by skimming along the surface of a wet road. Used of a motor vehicle.