To make to be the same; to unite or combine in such a manner as to make one; to treat as being one or having the same purpose or effect; to consider as the same in any relation.
- To establish the identity of.
- To ascertain the origin, nature, or definitive characteristics of.
- Biology To determine the taxonomic classification of (an organism).
- To consider as identical or united; equate.
- To associate or affiliate (oneself) closely with a person or group.
- To establish an identification with another or others.