The syntactical or structural form peculiar to any language; the genius or cast of a language.
- A speech form or an expression of a given language that is peculiar to itself grammatically or cannot be understood from the individual meanings of its elements, as in keep tabs on.
- The specific grammatical, syntactic, and structural character of a given language.
- Regional speech or dialect.
- A specialized vocabulary used by a group of people; jargon: legal idiom.
- A style or manner of expression peculiar to a given people: "Also important is the uneasiness I've always felt at cutting myself off from my idiom, the American habits of speech and jest and reaction, all of them entirely different from the local variety” ( S.J. Perelman).
- A style of artistic expression characteristic of a particular individual, school, period, or medium: the idiom of the French impressionists; the punk rock idiom.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഭാഷാശൈലി - Bhaashaashaili | Bhashashaili ;വാക് സമ്പ്രദായം - Vaaku Sampradhaayam | Vaku Sampradhayam ;വാക് സന്പ്രദായം - Vaaku Sanpradhaayam | Vaku Sanpradhayam ;വാക്സമ്പ്രദായം - Vaaksampradhaayam | Vaksampradhayam ;ഭാഷാരീതി - Bhaashaareethi | Bhashareethi ;ശൈലീ വിശേഷണം - Shailee Visheshanam ;