Falling or striking upon, as a ray of light upon a reflecting surface.
- A definite and separate occurrence; an event. See Synonyms at occurrence.
- A usually minor event or condition that is subordinate to another.
- Something contingent on or related to something else.
- An occurrence or event that interrupts normal procedure or precipitates a crisis: an international incident.
- Tending to arise or occur as a result or accompaniment: "There is a professional melancholy . . . incident to the occupation of a tailor” ( Charles Lamb).
- Related to or dependent on another thing.
- Physics Falling upon or striking a surface: incident radiation.