Not consistent; showing inconsistency; irreconcilable; discordant; at variance, esp. as regards character, sentiment, or action; incompatible; incongruous; contradictory.
- Displaying or marked by a lack of consistency, especially:
- Not regular or predictable; erratic: inconsistent behavior.
- Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory: inconsistent statements.
- Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible: an intersection inconsistent with the road map.
- Mathematics Not solvable for the unknowns by the same set of values. Used of two or more equations or inequalities.