Not determinate; not certain or fixed; indefinite; not precise; as, an indeterminate number of years.
- Not precisely determined, determinable, or established: a person of indeterminate age.
- Not precisely fixed, as to extent, size, nature, or number: an indeterminate number of plant species in the jungle.
- Lacking clarity or precision, as in meaning; vague: an indeterminate turn of phrase.
- Not fixed or known in advance: an indeterminate future.
- Not leading up to a definite result or ending: an indeterminate campaign.
- Botany Not terminating in a flower and continuing to grow at the apex: an indeterminate inflorescence.