Not direct; not straight or rectilinear; deviating from a direct line or course; circuitous; as, an indirect road.
- Diverging from a direct course; roundabout.
- Not proceeding straight to the point or object.
- Not forthright and candid; devious.
- Not directly planned for; secondary: indirect benefits.
- Reporting the exact or approximate words of another with such changes as are necessary to bring the original statement into grammatical conformity with the sentence in which it is included: indirect discourse.
- Logic Involving, relating to, or being the proof of a statement by the demonstration of the impossibility or absurdity of the statement's negation.
- Sports Being a free kick in soccer by which a goal cannot be scored without the ball being touched by a second player.