The quality of being individual; individuality; personality.
- Belief in the primary importance of the individual and in the virtues of self-reliance and personal independence.
- Acts or an act based on this belief.
- A doctrine advocating freedom from government regulation in the pursuit of a person's economic goals.
- A doctrine holding that the interests of the individual should take precedence over the interests of the state or social group.
- The quality of being an individual; individuality.
- An individual characteristic; a quirk.