To be complacent toward; to give way to; not to oppose or restrain
- To yield to the desires and whims of, especially to an excessive degree; humor.
- To yield to; gratify: indulge a craving for chocolate.
- To allow (oneself) unrestrained gratification: indulged herself with idle daydreams. See Synonyms at pamper.
- Roman Catholic Church To grant an ecclesiastical indulgence or dispensation to.
- To indulge oneself: eyed the desserts but didn't indulge.
- To engage or take part, especially freely or avidly: indulged in outrageous behavior; indulged in all the latest fads.